Tuesday 18 September 2012

I'm still here!

My friend Linda lost her dear husband, Neil, earlier this year.  Today she is on parentdish talking about how to help children grieve for a loved one. Linda has also started to blog about her experience of grief and how her family are rebuilding their lives. You can find it here.

I haven't posted here for over a year, I can't believe it's been that long. Life has been incredibly busy and I think that at some point last year I finally put to bed some of my inner demons relating to my mum's death. Getting all my pent up thoughts out on this blog was invaluable.

For the first time in over 20 years I feel at peace with my mum's death. I still think about her every day and wish more than anything that she was here, beside me, holding my hand when times are tough.

Most of all I wish she was here to see her grandchildren, with their wicked senses of humour, something she would have revelled in.

I will try and update this blog a little more often ... I want to celebrate my mum's memory and I have lots to share.


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know. About losing your mum or about this blog.
    My heart goes out to you and I'm pleased you've reached a turning point, now celebrating her here will be a joy for you and leave your own children a place where they can find her too
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura I thought I'd commented here earlier today. Just wanted to say thank you for being so open and honest, people keep telling me it's helping them that I have done so. So thank you for doing the same and showing me the way, xxx

    ReplyDelete